Friday, November 9, 2007

Glitz and Glamour

Earlier this week I was at the bookstore looking at magazines, I started to notice more of a trend, one I already knew about but didn't give much thought to. As I was flipped through these magazines I noticed that most of the ads where all about how to be pleasing to the eye. With your appearances the right clothes makeup hair the works. They make it seem like women cant be amazing without having all these great qualities. Like being natural or just average isn't enough anymore with must go far and beyond to be of worth. Not that I don't enjoy dressing nice or wearing fun things but I should not have to do these things just to get notice. I feel like today society has put such great emphasis on how we look, like there is some kind of flaw just being who you are. To much glitz and glamour.

No comments: